Financial Crisis from 2007 to the Present
- Crisis and Responses: The Federal Reserve and the Financial Crisis of 2007-2008 by Stephen G. Cecchetti (Brandeis International Business School and NBER), NBER Working Paper, June 2008.
- On the Political Economy of the Financial Crisis and Bailout of 2008-2009 by Roger D. Congleton (George Mason University), July 2009.
- The Economic Crisis and the Fiscal Crisis: 2009 and Beyond by Alan J. Auerbach (University of California) and William G. Gale (Brookings Institution), February 2009.
- Monetary Policy and the Financial Crisis of 2007-2008 by Stephen G. Cecchetti (Brandeis International Business School and NBER), April 2008.
- The Background to the 2007 Financial Crisis by C.A.E. Goodhart (London School of Economics and Political Science), February 2008.
- Bank Lending During the Financial Crisis of 2008 by Victoria Ivashina (Harvard Business School) and David Scharfstein (Harvard Business School and NBER), November 2008.
- A Note on Competing Economic Theories on the 2007-2008+ Financial Crisis: The Case for (Hidden) Stagflation by Thomas Colignatus (Thomas Cool Consultancy & Econometrics), MPRA Paper, September 2008.
- The Macro-Economics of Repressed Stagflation. Part 2: The Crisis of 2009+ and a Reduction of the Working Week by Thomas Colignatus (Samuel van Houten Genootschap), MPRA Paper, March 2009.
- Dynamic Debt Runs by Zhiguo He (University of Chicago, Booth School of Business) and Wei Xiong (Princeton University and NBER), February, 2010.
- Is the 2007 US Sub-Prime Financial Crisis So Different? An International Historical Comparison by Carmen M. Reinhart (University of Maryland and NBER) and Kenneth S. Rogoff (Harvard University and NBER), December 2007.
- The Influence of the Financial Crisis in 2007 on the Relationship Between the Credit Derivatives Market and Capital Markets by Ásta Björk Eiríksdóttir and Brynja Kolbrún Pétursdóttir (Aarhus School of Business and University of Aarhus), August 2008.
- Facts and Myths about the Financial Crisis of 2008 by V.V. Chari, Lawrence Christiano and Patrick J. Kehoe (Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis), Working Paper, October 2008.
- More Myths about the Financial Crisis of 2008 by John Tatom (Indiana State University), MPRA Paper, November 2008.
- The US Financial Crisis, Global Financial Turmoil, and Developing Asia: Is the Era of High Growth at an End? by William E. James, Donghyun Park, Shikha Jha, Juthathip Jongwanich, Akiko Terada-Hagiwara and Lea Sumulong (Asian Development Bank), ADB Economics Working Paper, December 2008.
- Central Banks and Financial Crises by Willem H. Buiter (London School of Economics and Political Science, NBER and CEPR), September 2008.
- Extreme Value Theory and the Financial Crisis of 2008 by James P. Gander (University of Utah), Working Paper, January 2009.
- The Costs and Contradictions of the Lender-of-Last Resort Function In Contemporary Capitalism: The Sub-Prime Crisis of 2007 - 2008 by James Crotty and Gerald Epstein (University of Massachusetts), October 2008.
- The 2007 Subprime Market Crisis in the EURO Area Through the Lens of ECB Repo Auctions by Nuno Cassola (European Central Bank), Ali Hortaçsu (University of Chicago and NBER) and Jakub Kastl (Stanford University), February 2009.
- Market Responses to the Panic of 2008 by Casey Mulligan and Luke Threinen (NBER), NBER Working Paper, October 2008.
- The Subprime Turmoil: What's Old, What's New, and What's Next by Charles W. Calomiris (Columbia Business School), October 2008.
- The Sub-Prime Crisis, The Credit Squeeze and Northern Rock: The Lessons to be Learnt by Maximilian J. B. Hall (Loughborough University), Discussion Paper, August 2008.
- The First-World Debt Crisis of 2007-2010 in Global Perspective by Robert Wade (London School of Economics and Political Science), Challenge, 2008.
Images of the Financial Crisis:
Around 2007/2008: Houses for Sale due to Subprime Mortgage Crisis in the USA:
2007: Northern Rock Bank Run, Birmingham:
April 2008: National Debt Clock USA:
September 2008: Bankruptcy of Lehman Brothers (bank):
November 2008: G20 Leaders Summit on Financial Markets and the World Economy, Washington:
October 2009: British Chancellor of the Exchequer Alistair Darling (L), French Finance Minister Christine Lagarde (C) and U.S. Treasury Secretary Tim Geithner (R) talk after G7 meeting, Istanbul:
2009 Global Recession: Map showing (Gross Domestic Product) GDP Real Growth Rates for 2009 (Countries in Brown are in Recession):
2010 Euro Crisis: Fears of a Debt Crisis in Portugal, Italy, Greece and Spain (PIGS, plus Ireland PIIGS):
May 2010: Anti-Austerity Protests in Greece:
2011: USA Government Debt Crisis: Gross Domestic Product (GDP) compared with Federal budget outlay:
Source: Wikimedia Commons, Author: Xp84; Creative Commons CC0 1.0 Universal Public Domain Dedication